Friday, July 25, 2014

Vaseline lip therapy vs Smith's Rosebud salve

I decided to do a "vs" video today. This one is drugstore vs high end/sephora. I recently purchased the Vaseline lip therapy and I realized both products are Petrolium based and have a 'light rose scent' also a slight pink tint. So I thought, before I open my Vaseline balm, I should review them and do a first Impression on the Vaseline one. I also recently got the china glaze sunsational cremes In the mail so I'm doing my first nail swatch thing! So enough talking, let's start!

Smith's Rosebud Lip Salve,$6, Sephora
Scent: light and rosey, but I love sweet rose scents.
Amount:.8oz. Not bad for $6. You get a better deal by .05 of an ounce if you do the math 
Obviously, this is used. But the Vaseline one isn't, and I'm kinda nervous trying it๐Ÿ™Š 

Vaseline lip therapy® rosy lips,$1.89 
Scent:different, more subtle, rose scent. Still love it. 
Amount:.25 oz. (you get a better deal if you buy the salve)
The tint is definately darker. Here's a swatch next to each other.
Left is Smiths, right is Vaseline.
Love the color of Vaseline's, but rosebud is the winner for moisturizing properties. The Vaseline one is cute for on the go, but rosebud will remain my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment